Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tasting Tisdale White Zinfandel



Name: Tisdale
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: Not Listed
Price: $4.89
Tisdale Winery Review: With Flavors of ripe raspberry, watermelon and fresh strawberry, our experienced winemakers have crafted this White Zinfandel to a delightful, full-flavored wine with medium body and a brilliant finish.  Perfectly paired with your favorite salad or pasta.   
My Review:  This wine has a nice pink color, not very dark, but somewhat cheery.  It's a little tart, but in a good way.  I could tell right away that it was fruity, but after concentrating for a while I decided that the fruit was strawberry.  It seems to be almost a little bubbly, like when you leave soda out too long and the bubbles are gone, but there is still a trace of them.  I was sampling this wine while my dinner was cooking: mushroom soup and quinoa with ginger fish, onion, carrots, and dill.  This wine does not go with my soup at all. The label said to pair it with pasta, which makes me think of rich Alfredo, so I tried it with my mushroom soup instead.  The soup is too creamy and makes the wine feel more acidic than it does alone.  Even though it didn’t pair with my soup, I really like it with my dinner.  It has a nice tartness that makes my ginger fish taste not too sweet.  However, I think I may have burned my tongue because I cannot taste the strawberry anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment