Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting Crane Lake Shiraz



Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Shiraz 
Region: California 
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $4.99
Winery Review: Beautiful ruby appearance, with blackberry and pepper notes. Tannins and fruit marry well for a soft finish. This wine pairs well with sharp cheddar cheese and hazelnuts. Also try it along with roast lamb, veal marsala, or grilled salmon.
My Review: The color of this wine is a really nice deep red.  The smell is pleasant, but I can’t put my finger on what exactly I am smelling, maybe some type of flowery soap, but one I want to eat.  The taste is peppery, a little spicy but also tart.  It’s not a dry wine, and when I try it with my grilled cheese it is incredibly smooth and seems more cherry flavored to me than the blackberry mentioned in the winery review.  However, it is too bitter when had with dessert (a brownie).  It is well worth the 5 bucks, I will most likely be buying this again! It actually really makes me want buttered toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment