Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tasting Morada Sangria



Name: Morada  
Variety: Sangria
Region: not listed 
Country: Spain
Year: no vintage
Price: $4.95
Vintage Cellar Review: Morada Sangria is a traditional Spanish drink mae with red wine and citrus extracts.  Garnet color and fresh on the palate.  Pasteurization preserves the color, aromas and flavors.  7% Alcohol. It is a very refreshing Sangria with around 85 grams of sugar.  Sangria is now one of the hottest items in the beverage industry and it’s growing exponentially year to year.  Serve well chilled, on its own or with lemonade and slices of fruit like peach, banana or apple.
My Review: When I tried this Sangria, I didn’t realize I was drinking Sangria, I was just trying wines.  I was surprised that this had no wine flavor at all but felt like juice.  The color was light and it smelled extremely fruity.  I could pick up strawberry, orange, and a fruity soap.  It smelled crisp and I expected bubbles.  The taste was really soapy, more that I would like.  It was really sweet and zesty, with a smooth after taste.  It was really aromatic.  Just breathing in the air above the glass you could already taste this wine.  It was really light and fruity like a mixture of apple juice, pineapple, and citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment