Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting Dibon Cava Brut Reserve



Name: Dibon Cava Brut Reserve
Variety: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
Region: Penedes 
Country: Spain
Year: no vintage
Price: $9.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada. Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes.  Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity.  A delicious sparkler for a great price. 
My Review: The smell of this wine is kind of like soapstone, I can definitely smell the minerals that the review mentions.  It’s funny, I wrote that I smelled rocks before I read the review and was really proud that my wine evaluation skills are improving since I got something right! When I first drank it, all I could sense was the bubbles.  I tasted nothing because there were so many overwhelming bubbles and it was somewhat tongue numbing.  Other than a bitter sensation upon swallowing and the mass of bubbles, I detected no flavors.  It felt a little like drinking sea-foam water due to the smell, but not really in taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment