Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tasting Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz

Name: Emeri de Bortoli
Variety: Sparkling Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: Not Listed
Price: $9.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish.   
My Review: The smell of this wine is of a fruit candy, but not fresh fruit.  I am a little surprised at just how bubbly it is, so it’s hard to get over the sparkle and fizz to get to the taste.  It’s like a cherry soda with dry wood but at the same time it’s a little sweet.  I think I have some lingering feelings in my mouth from the other wines because I don’t think that is supposed to be right.  But all in all it’s not and un-enjoyable wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment