Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting Cortenova Montepulciano d' Abruzzo



Name: Cortenova Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
Variety: Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo
Region: Veneto 
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: 100% Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo Deep ruby red color with violet highlights and a pleasant and fruity bouquet.  Full bodied, soft tannins and good acidity.  Excellent with pasta dishes and red meats. 
My Review: The color of this wine is a nice not too dark deep red.  There is not really a fruity scent to me, it seems more clinical.  It feels a little bit dry, but not too much.  After a few minutes of having swallowed this, I feel like I have morning breath; it’s not too enjoyable.  It smells like a generic wine to me with not much complexity; however, it really is pretty smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment