Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting Charles Bove Vouvray

Name: Charles Bove
Variety: Vouvray (Chenin Blanc)
Region: Central Loire Valley 
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: on sale $9.99 original $18.99
Charles Bove Review: Charles Bove Vouvray is an off-dry Chenin Blanc (100%) made in the appellation of Vouvray, the central Loire Valley birthplace of this world-class grape.  Here the chalky limestone soil produces an elegant, fresh and fruity wine, one that is perfect as an aperitif, with spicy food or strong cheese. 
My Review: The color of this wine was in-between a golden yellow and a greenish yellow.  The smell was very soapy like a cleaning product, or a salty beach air freshener. It has a mineral quality.  It made me think of beaches that don’t have sand but instead have black rocks.  Apricots!  I can rarely taste fruit in wine, and when I do it is in small hints.  But this wine definitely tasted of apricots.  It is smooth, and not at all spicy or alcoholic.  It tastes floral and sweet, but at the same time has a dryness to it.  This is definitely by far my favorite wine of the semester! It was recommended to me by the Kroger wine expert, who put it on sale to fit my budget J from now on I am definitely always going to trust his advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment