Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tasting Tres Ojos Garnacha



Name: Tres Ojos
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: The wine has a brick red color with a bouquet of red raspberries, spice and white pepper.  The palate is incredibly concentrated and rich.  The modern styles of Garnacha in Spain are continuously being perceived worldwide as wines of extraordinarily good quality.  This wine is fruity, juicy and shows a great depth, ripe tannins, length but yet with wonderful elegance and lightness.  Enjoy with sausages, roasted meats, aged cheeses etc.
My Review: I definitely smell the spice in this wine, but I can also detect the fruit which seems to be unripe cherries.  It tastes a little dry but not in an overwhelming way.  I get the feeling of black berries and it also tastes a little woody.  I don’t get the qualities we discussed in class that come from wood, I just feel like I licked a piece of wood.   

No comments:

Post a Comment