Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tasting Opera Prima Tempranillo



Name: Opera Prima
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha 
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $5.99
Opera Prima Review: This pleasant Mediterranean wine is made from Tempranillo grapes.  Heady scent in red fruits, this fresh-young, smooth and fruity wine, ready to drink, will impress your mouth in every sip.  Best suit with red meat, stews, fish and creamy cow milk cheeses.
My Review: After trying a couple other tempranillos that I enjoyed, I am really looking forward to this one! I’m thinking that I may have found my wine variety!  This wine has a nice really dark color that is burgundy and purple.  It doesn’t have too much smell to it, maybe a little spice.  It tastes a little harsh, I don’t get too much fruit, so I am going to let it sit for a little while.  Though the label says “ready to drink” I think this wine definitely benefitted from sitting out for a few hours.  I tastes like when you eat a raspberry and you have those little bits of seeds in your  mouth and you chew them.  It is a little bitter, but raspberry-blackberry and cherry as well.  It is spicy and tastes a little dirty (ground dirt, not filth dirt).  I do like it, but I have tried other types of Tempranillo that I preferred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment