Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tasting Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence



Name: Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence
Variety: Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault
Region: Provence
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: Granache, Syrah, Cinsault.  Bright salmon pink; typical of the fresh but warm Provence style.  Refined and complex on the nose with summer fruit and floral noes.  Dry and crisp, with a delicate flavor and full texture.
My Review: I smell apples and green grape juice (the really processed one that doesn’t smell like regular grapes anymore).  It tastes bitter and there is a slight amount of fruit, again the green grape flavor.  I feel it at the beginning of the taste; it disappears in the middle of my mouth, but reappears when I swallow.  I enjoyed the waves of flavor.  It has a distinct aftertaste like a grape juice that’s bitter like a cranberry juice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment