Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tasting Spanish Vines Tempranillo



Name: Spanish Vines
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Ribera del Jucar
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $8.99
Spanish Vines on-the-bottle Review: I fell in love with Tempranillo my fist summer in Oviedo.  Each evening, as the cafés began switching on their electric signs, we’d gather for tapas and this easy-drinking red.  It’s interesting that Tempranillo vines struggle in the region’s harsh terrain, and that this struggle is actually what produces such exceptional fruit—definitely a comforting thought for a young American far from home.  This wine opened me up to all there is to love about Spanish culture.  I hope it does the same for you.  
My Review: This tempranillo is red and deep, but not really too dark.  It smells soapy and floral but not too fruity.  If it is fruity, then it’s a rotten fruit smell mixed with florals.  The taste is somewhat pungent but in a good way.  The finish does not burn and though it is dark, it is very pleasant.  I feel like it is being absorbed into my cheeks and gums like I am a sponge, that’s how strong the taste is.  I am really enjoying it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment