Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting Maipe Chardonnay



Name: Maipe Chardonnay
Variety: 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viogner
Region: Mendoza 
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: Made from 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viogner.  30% malolactic fermentation, 30% was aged in French oak barrels.  Brilliant yellow golden color with green hints.  The wine is crisp and filled with white peach, pear, green apple flavors, toasty vanilla.  Elegant and luscious wine, well balanced.  Crisp and long finish.  Pairs well with creamy soups, pork, veal, vegetables.    
My Review: The smell of this wine reminds me of potpourri made of flowers.  It also tastes like I swallowed some potpourri.  It feels creamy so it is surprising that there is a bitter after affect.    I can feel the hot alcohol more than I would like.  I don’t get any of the fruit described in the review.  I get more of a floral scent and taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment