Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting Yellow Tail Pinot Noir



Name: Yellow Tail
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $6.29
Winery Review: Great berry fruits and spicy oak are enhanced by underlying dark cherry aromas. Superb structure and finely textured tannins make this wine soft on the palate.
My Review: The color is really nice and dark deep purple.  It smells like a hard fruit candy, so I was expecting it to be a little sweet, but it’s not.  I like the spicy tartness, since it’s not overwhelming. It’s acidic and not really very fruity.  I am coming back to this wine 2 days later; I left it on my kitchen counter.  Today it is surprisingly smooth.  I like it a lot better than when I first tried it.  It still smells very similar; I would have to probably smell two glasses next to each other to tell a difference.  The taste is warmer.  I can’t think of a better word to describe the feeling.  It’s still a little peppery, but it adds to the nice cherry flavor of the wine.  I want to say that I taste blackberry, but I guess I must be imagining it since that is not one of the berries listed in this wine.  I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment