Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting Concannon Shiraz



Name: Concannon

Variety: Shiraz
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: USA
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: This is an extremely rich, full-bodied wine with a dark fruit core.  Aromas of blackberry, blueberry, cassis and dark cherry are followed by more berry fruits and chocolate and mocha on the palate.
My Review: This wine smells dirty and old and I like it.  It smells of old fruit that is so ripe it has crossed over into the rotting stage. It has a nice deep color and smells like there are cloves or thyme in it.  It tastes of cloves, it’s dry, and a little spicy.  It’s very good.  I wash dishes at Macado’s and the pot after the corned beef smells exactly like this wine! You would think that scent would but me off, but instead it sort of excites me! I ended up buying this wine from the tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment