Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting Chandon Sweet Cuvee



Name: Chandon
Variety: Sweet Cuvée
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: None Listed
Price: $9.95
The Vintage Cellar Review: This wine is an innovative sparkling wine style revealing vibrant stone fruit and floral aromas with rich, luscious mouth feel.  This wine enlivens the senses and sparks spontaneous moments, complementing your passion for a good life.   
My Review: This wine has a scent of unripe grapes, so I expect it will be rather bitter or sharp.  It does not have any associations with things I would consider sweet.  It has an interesting light orange color.  I really am not a fan of sparkling wines because I am almost always distracted by the fizz and cannot taste anything in the wine I am drinking.  I guess I should mention that I like to drink my soda flat since the carbonation in them almost makes me cry.  I just don’t handle the fizz well.  All I detect from this wine is that it has a little too much alcohol coming through but it could just be accentuated by the fizz.      


No comments:

Post a Comment