Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir



Name: Mac Murray Ranch

Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $18.99
The Mac Murray Review: The original homestead of MacMurray Ranch was settled over 150 years ago in the Russi River Valley of Sonoma County.  Actor Fred MacMurray purchased the ranch in the 1940’s and farmed it for over 50 years.  Today, the legacy of the ranch carries on as a premier vineyard and inspiration for the wines we craft at MacMurray Ranch.  We are committed to cool climate varietals and expressing the unique qualities from where the fruit is sourced.  Our Central Coast Pinot Noir showcases elegant aromas and flavors of red cherry, cola and briar that are complemented by nuances of sweet vanilla. 
My Review: This wine smells very strong but it’s really hard for me to put names to the things I am smelling.  It smell like nutty cherry vanilla bread but more bready and less vanilla and cherry.  When I smell it and close my eyes I visualize a holiday bread that has cherries on top with a vanilla icing and covered in walnuts, something I would not normally associate with a red wine.  The wine is smooth but tastes completely different than the smell.  It is not fruity or vanilla.  This Pinot Noir is dry, woody and full.  I really like it but I am having an incredibly hard time describing it because of all the different flavors and conflicting scents I am getting from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment