Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting Fetzer Riesling



Name: Fetzer (The Earth Friendly Winery)
Variety: Riesling
Region: California
Country: U.S.A.
Year: 2011
Price: $7.00
Fetzer Review: Gracious.  Riesling comes in many styles, and is popular enough that some call it the new Chardonnay.  We just call it good.  Our personal style blends fruit form cooler areas of California to create a wine both rich and floral, pale yellow in color with aromas of pear and apricot.  In the glass, you’ll taste peaches and apricots, a gracious invitation to sit and spell and a wonderful match up with spicy foods and great as a starter with appetizers. 
My Review: This wine smells amazing, I can’t describe all the fruits and flowers in it! It’s like one of those perfume sprays girls wear in the springtime, it smells absolutely delicious.  I’m not too good with flowers but I imagine this one will have large soft petals with pastel colors, and the flowers are near a bowl of fruit salad! It tastes of pears and is very crisp and light.  It is incredibly smooth and a very happy wine! It makes me think of teenagers on spring break sitting in a flowery pear orchard.  I’m not sure why I am so enthusiastic about this wine, but the fruitiness is exactly what I was craving at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment