Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting Beringer Chenin Blanc



Name: Beringer
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
The Beringer Review: Since 1876, Beringer has crafted award-winning wines in Napa Valley, and this Chenin Blanc is no exception.  Crisp and refreshing bursting with the aromas and flavors of fresh fruit.  America’s favorite Chenin Blanc is well suited on its own or as the perfect complement to a meal.  If you enjoy our Chenin Blanc, try our Moscato.  Serve Chilled.
My Review: This wine smells like crips fruit, like apples and pears and a little like honey dew melon.  This wine is super sweet! I wasn’t expecting so much sweetness.  The wine is really light colored so I did not think it would have so much flavor, but I definitely get a sense of the fruit flavors.  I find the wine to be smooth and flavorful, like a juice that I can drink on its own or with a fruit salad, but I wouldn’t try it with anything savory or spicy, I just don’t think it would go well together.    


No comments:

Post a Comment